Sunday, May 5, 2013

Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



2nd time I read this one. I raced through it the first time so I wanted to take my time and re-read it before the movie hit the theatres. I really enjoyed it the 2nd time through and found things that I'd missed racing through it the first time. I think I prefer the book over the movie. There is so much material to cover that even dividing the book into two movies, they still left out some cool stuff. I also didn't like that the movie added some scenes that weren't in the book (c'mon, Harry never grabbed Voldemort and jumped off the roof with him - that was silly). I also didn't like that the movie switched some things around (it was Harry's idea to jump onto the blind dragon in Gringott's - not Hermione's). I think they change things for movies because someone thinks it will play better. I think that's why you should always read the book if a good movie is based on a book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment